Welcome to MOAB - the Mother Of All Beds for your Ford Transit van. Our MOAB has been wildly popular with Sprinter owners for years and now the same good night's sleep and flexible set up is available for the Transit. We use the exact same bed panels but have designed a new mounting system specifically for the Transit.
This patent-pending system will reinvent how you look at your sleep and cargo options inside your van. The MOAB platform provides one of the lightest and strongest van bed systems out there and provides the flexibility of different height and width mounting options inside your van with three individual telescoping panels. The optional Gear Tie-down L-track provides securing points along each side of the bed to hold down your mattress, SUP, cooler or just about anything.
For safety, these panels lock into place to keep them secured under load and while the van is driven. *** The locks MUST be engaged to insure safety!
Our Transit MOAB Kit includes:
- 3 fully-assembled bed panels, with your choice of bed-top materials and frame finishes
- 1 pair of MOAB bed mounting rails with hardware to attach wall-mounted L-Track (part of our complete Modular Interior System or our Transit Bed Installation Kit, sold separately).
Accept no substitutes! No other van bed is built to this quality or designed with safety as the number one priority.
Options & Price
$2,850 - Black hex laminate bed top with bare aluminum frame and rails
- Bamboo bed top, clear coat finish - add $350
- Black Anodized frame and rails - add $400
- Gear tie-down L-track, one for each bed rail - add $200
- Currently shipping within 20 business days.
- 2015-current Ford Transit
- 148" Wheelbase, Long, High-Roof Cargo (NOT extended)
Passenger/Crew Van - Installation in passenger or crew van will require removal and/or modification of OEM interior panels, airbags, and rear factory AC (if present). Adventure Wagon does not recommend modification of any safety equipment such as airbags is passengers will be seated in those areas.
- Total length of assembled bed is 77" long at the bed center, and 67" wide. Each of the smaller panels is 23" x 67" and the larger rear panel is 31" deep.
- Vertical L-track mounting system allows bed height from 10.5" to 67.5" (from floor to bottom of bed).
- All three panels constructed with strong, light, aluminum frames and bamboo or marine plywood laminate surfaces.
- Each panel is rated to support 200 lbs. for a total weight capacity of 600 lbs.
- Adjustable-width panels expand/contract to meet the different widths inside the van and are held in place with pressure from a gas strut.
- Panels lock in place to prevent accidental removal.
- Simple to raise and lower bed position.
- Easily stowed to maximize cargo capacity and provide walk-thru space.
- Configure the MOAB as an adjustable bed or cargo storage shelving system
Strong, lightweight panels
- Panels install and remove in seconds
- Compatible with the Transit Modular Interior System to be released early in 2019. Allows you to add MOAB functionality now without waiting for the complete kit and lessens your work to finish your van when the kit is installed.
- Installation of the MOAB bed requires either our complete Modular Interior System or our Transit Bed Installation Kit, sold separately.
- DIY or Certified Adventure Wagon Installer
- Each kit requires drilling and installing wall bracers using rivets and riv-nuts. The L-track and bed components then install to these wall bracers using hand tools. Specific tools required:
- 4mm allen wrench
- 9/16" socket or box wrench.
- 3/16" rivet installation tool
- riv-nut installation tool
- 3/16" and 25/64" drill bits (Cobalt recommended for hardened steel used in some areas of Transit interior.)
- Bracers are indexed in the van's structure using OEM holes which insure perfect placement every time. Once positioned, the bracers are secured to the van with rivets and rivnuts. L-track is then attached and the bed rails and bed panels are installed.
- Estimated installation time: 2-4 hrs depending on skill level and tools used
- Usually ships within 20 business days
- *Please note* due to supply chain challenges as a result of the global pandemic, shipping times are subject to change.
- Beds will ship on a large pallet and must be shipped via truck freight due to size and weight. It is recommended that your order be shipped to a business with a loading dock and/or fork lift to minimize the shipping cost. If special delivery services such residential delivery or lift gate are needed, additional charges will be incurred. Orders can also be picked up at our facility with advanced scheduling.