This guide provides instructions for installing Adventure Wagon’s Vertical Wall Bracers in a 2015+ Ford Transit 148 Wheelbase, standard length, High-Roof or Mid-Roof van. These wall bracers are the first installation step for our complete Modular Interior System and are necessary to correctly position the rest of the interior components. These wall bracers are also referred to as the MOAB bracers as they are also used to mount our MOAB bed even if the rest of the Modular Interior Kit is not installed.
Passenger Van Note: The Vertical Wall bracers will fit in passenger vehicles, however some of the trim around the rear window area will need to be removed for installation.
An addendum covers the MOAB bed installation as well.
● A Rivet Gun (Mechanical or Pneumatic)
● A Rivnut gun (Mechanical or Pneumatic)
● Cordless drill
● 3/16” and 25/64” drill bits for drilling rivet and riv-nut holes. Cobalt bits are strongly recommended for drilling into the hardened steel found in certain areas of the van body.
● Rest-preventative paint and brush
● 4mm hex wrench
● 9/16” or 14mm socket or end-wrench (for MOAB bed install only)
I. Remove factory wall panels, if applicable
II. Locate each vertical brace
III. Riv-nut each vertical bracer
IV. Riv-nut each bracer top (High-Roof only)
V. Rivet each vertical bracer
VI. Install wall track
VII. MOAB Bed Installation